We have rigorous target setting and performance management systems for all of our activities. These are kept under constant review by the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body. This rigorous approach makes sure the high standards at Tauheedul Islam Boys’ High School are maintained and enhanced.
Each student has a personalised learning plan designed to challenge and support them. Behaviour and attendance are monitored carefully. Early action is taken in any areas where a pupil’s progress is causing concern.
Parents/Carers also have an important role to play in ensuring their child achieves their potential. They receive half-termly report cards and are required to attend performance review meetings which will cover their sons’ academic progress, attendance and behaviour. The sessions also set challenging, but realistic, targets for the boys.
Our GCSE exam results are outstanding. The data demonstrates that Tauheedul Boys is:
- One of the best schools in the country for working with children who leave primary school with below-average results.
- One of the best schools in the country for working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Provisional data by the Government ranks Tauheedul Boys’ as one of the top 3 schools in the country for the progress that our students make compared to similar students in other schools across the country.
|% of students achieving A*-C in both English and Maths at Tauheedul Boys||N/A||N/A||95|
|% of students achieving A*- C in both English and Maths in Blackburn with Darwen||55||60||65|
|% of students achieving A*-C in 5 in both English Maths Nationally||57||56||59|
The English Baccalaureate is made up of English, mathematics, history or geography, the sciences and a modern foreign language. It is a measure to that shows where pupils have secured a C grade or above across the core of academic subjects at key stage 4. It is designed to enable parents and pupils to see how their school is performing.
|% of students achieving the English Baccalaureate at Tauheedul Boys||N/A||N/A||72|
|% of students achieving the English Baccalaureate in Blackburn with Darwen||21||21||24|
|% of students achieving the English Baccalaureate Nationally||24||23||23|
In English, 100% of students have achieved expected progress from KS2 to KS4, with at least 75% of students achieving better than expected progress.
In Maths, 96% of students have achieved expected progress from KS2 to KS4, with at least 74% of students achieving better than expected progress.
In provisional school league tables in October 2016, the Government confirmed the following for Tauheedul:
- ‘Progress 8’ Score of +1.16 – the 3rd highest value added score in the country.
- An ‘Attainment 8’ score of 62 – an average grade of B.
- 95% of students achieved GCSEs at grades A* to C in English and Maths.
- 72% achieved the English Baccalaureate.
- 3rd highest in the country for ‘value added’ in the ‘best 8 GCSEs’ for each student.
- One of the best schools in the country for results by students from disadvantaged backgrounds and with low prior achievement from primary school.
- 43% of students with low prior achievement achieved A*-Cs in English and Maths.
- 100% of students from disadvantaged backgrounds achieved A*-Cs in English and Maths.
To view the school’s full performance statistics on the Department for Education website, click here.