We have rigorous target setting and performance management systems for all of our activities. These are kept under constant review by the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body. This rigorous approach makes sure the high standards at Tauheedul Islam Boys’ High School are maintained and enhanced.
Each pupil has a personalised learning plan designed to challenge and support them. Behaviour and attendance are monitored carefully. Early action is taken in any areas where a pupil’s progress is causing concern.
Parents/Carers also have an important role to play in ensuring their son achieve their potential. They receive half-termly report cards and are required to attend performance review meetings which will cover their sons’ academic progress, attendance and behaviour. The sessions also set challenging, but realistic, targets for the boys.
Our GCSE exam results are outstanding (2018 are currently provisional).
|Progress 8 (P8) at Tauheedul Boys||+1.15||+1.55||+1.32|
|Progress 8 (P8) in Blackburn with Darwen||+0.10||+0.12||TBC|
|Progress 8 (P8) National||-0.03||-0.03||TBC|
|Attainment 8 (A8) at Tauheedul Boys||61.8||62.0||61.6|
|Attainment 8 (A8) in Blackburn with Darwen||50.1||46.1||TBC|
|Attainment 8 (A8) National||49.8||46.0||TBC|
|% of students achieving 9-4 (or A*-C) in both English and Maths at Tauheedul Boys||95||93||90|
|% of students achieving 9-4 (or A*-C) in both English and Maths in Blackburn with Darwen||65||65||62|
|% of students achieving 9-4 (or A*-C) in both English and Maths Nationally||59||64||64|
|% of students achieving 9-5 in both English and Maths at Tauheedul Boys||n/a||76||76|
|% of students achieving 9-5 in both English and Maths in Blackburn with Darwen||n/a||41||40|
|% of students achieving 9-5 in both English and Maths Nationally||n/a||42||39|
Data by the Government for 2016 and 2017 GCSE exam results has ranked Tauheedul Boys’ as one of the top 3 schools in the country for the progress that our pupils make compared to similar pupils in other schools across the country. Provisional data for 2018 indicates that a minimum top ten in the country will be achieved this year.
Tauheedul Islam Boys’ High School is:
- One of the best schools in the country for working with children who leave primary school with below-average results.
- One of the best schools in the country for working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- In English, 87% of pupils have achieved above average progress from KS2 to KS4, with 66% achieving a minimum of one full grade better than expected progress.
- In Maths, 87% of pupils have achieved above average progress from KS2 to KS4, with 61% achieving a minimum of one full grade better than expected progress.
The English Baccalaureate is made up of English, mathematics, history or geography, the sciences and a modern foreign language. The standard Baccalaureate is a measure that shows where pupils have secured a grade 4 (old grade C) or above across the core of academic subjects at key stage 4. It is designed to enable parents and pupils to see how their school is performing.
|% of pupils entered for the English Baccalaureate at Tauheedul Boys||86||85||98|
|% of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate at Tauheedul Boys||73||64||60|
|% of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate in Blackburn with Darwen||24||21||17|
|% of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate Nationally||23||23||18|
Provisional DfE data in January 2018 indicates that for Tauheedul Islam Boys’ High School:
- ‘Progress 8’ Score of +1.55 – The third highest value added scores in the country.
- An ‘Attainment 8’ score of 62 – an average grade of 6 (old grade B).
- 76% of students achieved a strong pass in English and Maths.
- 63% achieved the English Baccalaureate.
- 3rd highest in the country for ‘value added’ in the ‘best 8 GCSEs’ for each students.
- 44% of pupils with low prior achievement gained a ‘standard pass’ in English and Maths.
- 53% of pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds achieved a ‘strong pass’ in English and Maths.
- To view the school’s full performance statistics on the Department for Education website, click here.